Jazz Guitar Legend Jimmy Wyble - RIP

Thursday, February 24, 2011


I had been offline for the past few days due to a brutal virus attack on my computer which left me clueless about what was happening in the rest of the world. Having finally restored my system I was saddened to learn from Jazz Guitarist Brandon Bernstein that Jazz Guitar Legend Jimmy Wyble had passed away on Saturday the 16th of January. I of course had heard of Jimmy over the years as being an outstanding player in both Jazz and Western Swing, I was aware that he had played in the Red Norvo Trio and that he was a member of the  Texas Playboys. And even knew about his two line improvisation method but sadly, I had never actually heard him play until recently.
Thanks to a few choice Youtube videos, I understood why he was loved by many both as a marvelous player and more importantly, as a person. I don’t know much more about Jimmy than what can be found on the Web but I’m grateful that there are some lasting memories to be shared on a couple of websites and Youtube.
For more information on Jimmy check out the Classic Jazz Guitar site as well as Jimmy’s own website (wait for the audio file to load) where you can read a really fine interview on Jimmy.
Jazz Guitar Life extends its sympathies and condolences to Jimmy’s family and friends. He will be missed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Article

 
 
 
Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net Music (Songs) - TOP.ORG
Yahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net Music Blogs - Blog Rankings